The D-Link DIR-615 router’s Web Graphical user interface access for the first time with dlink router login directs you to the smart setup Wizard that auto-launches after login. The Smart setup wizard could be reached after D-link router login default web address dlinkrouter.local is navigated from any dlink supporting web browsers such a Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome or Safari (for iPhone). It allows the wireless internet connection setup through on screen step-by-step instructions for new D-Link router setup and configuration by setup wizard.
D-Link DIR-615 router setup makes use of the following dlink router setup steps in subsequent order:
- Wireless or wifi connection setup
- D-Link DIR-615 router login with dlinkrouter.local
- Wireless or wifi security configuration
- D-Link DIR-615 router password setup
- Selection of the wifi time zone
- D-Link DIR-615 router’s web GUI access
- Confirming D-Link DIR-615 router Wireless settings
- Mydlink account registration and setup
D-link wifi router setup for D-Link DIR-615 router wireless network setup:
Wireless or wifi connection setup – wired connection:
- Unplug the Cable/DSL Internet Modem, whichever is being used, from power source.
- Setup your desktop computer to your D-Link DIR-615 router with an included Ethernet cable.
- Fix the Ethernet cable to any of the LAN ports of the D-Link DIR-615 router as well as computer.
- Setup your Cable/DSL modem as well to the Yellow coloured Internet Port of the D-Link DIR-615 router.
- Connect the modem to the power and wait till it starts.
- Also, connect the D-Link DIR-615 router to power as well as your desktop computer being used.
D-Link DIR-615 router login – dlinkrouter.local login
- Launch an Internet browser on your above connected computer.
- Enter the dlink login web protocol address dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- Sometimes dinkrouter.local doesn’t give access to the login page, and then try dlink router login IP address http://192.168.0.1 as an alternative.
- For the first time login into the D-Link DIR-615 router, you are automatically directed to the Setup Wizard screen.
- The setup wizard screen therefore auto-launches the D-Link DIR-615 router – D-link router setup process further.
- You would be opted to select your preferred Language of choice for D-Link DIR-615 router- D-link router setup.
- Choose the Start option for dlink router setup.
D-Link DIR-615 router wireless/ wifi security configuration
- Setup wizard guides you through D-Link DIR-615 router configuration of wireless internet connection through web GUI.
- For configuring the settings manually, select the Manual Configuration link.
- Select your D-Link DIR-615 router’s wireless or wifi Connection type which could be either Dynamic or PPPoE
- Secure your D-Link DIR-615 router’s wireless network access; create a Wireless Network Name SSID along with wireless network key/Password.
- Set the wireless security encryption as WPA/WPA encryption as this is considered to be safe.
D-Link DIR-615 router password setup
Once the dink router setup is complete, you would be prompted to secure your D-link router login as well to log into dlinkrouter.local to enter D-Link DIR-615 router web GUI from preset default values.
- Create a strong dlink router login password for securing D-Link DIR-615 router login access through dlinkrouter.local.
- Save to apply the new password settings.
Selection of the wifi time zone
- Choose the wireless network location’s Time Zone.
- The D-Link DIR-615 router applies new settings and reboots to apply the settings.
D-Link DIR-615 router’s web GUI access
- The D-Link DIR-615 router’s login screen would paper to allow you access to the web GUI.
- You are expected to key in D-link router login credentials in the D-Link DIR-615 router’ Login fields on Screen.
- Enter the D-Link DIR-615 router login username as admin that is preset default value.
- Also enter the D-Link DIR-615 router login – dlink router login password created above for secure D-link router login to enter web GUI.
Confirming D-Link DIR-615 router Wireless settings
- A confirmation screen would appear on the desktop.
- It would display all the D-Link DIR-615 router wireless network settings you configured above for confirmation.
- Check if the SSID and password details are correct.
This completes the D-Link DIR-615 router setup – D-link router setup and installation.
mydlink account setup and registration.
- It is requested during the dlink router setup wizard process to create a new mydlink account for your D-Link DIR-615 router.
- In case you have already registered mydlink account, enter the registered email address and password for D-Link DIR-615 router configuration remotely.
- If you have no mydlink account, create one by following the displayed onscreen instructions to register your email id and password.
mydlink account could be login making use of a web portal through mydlink.com web address or mydlink app on phone as requires no dlinkrouter.local login.
D-Link DIR-615 router – Dlink router setup is advised over a wired Ethernet cable connection to esure that the wireless connection signal isn’t dropped.