D-Link Router Configuration
Step 1: Enter the IP address of the D-Link router into the address bar. For the D-Link 524 and 624 models, the IP address is 192.168.0.1 and it’s 192.168.1.1 for the opposite models like 2604T.
Step 2: Then, mention the username and password of the admin then hit on the OK icon. Until it gets initiated, follow the instructions that came filled with the router.
Step 3: The password section for the Airplus Xtreme just like the 524 and 624 models should be left blank whereas, for the 2640T model, one has got to use admin for the password. for a few different D-Link models, the users need to mention password in situ of the password.
Step 4: Now, start-up the Setup Wizard to configure your wifi router then , click on “Run Wizard or Next”. The router chooses most of the settings supported the common defaults automatically for your connection type.
Step 5: At this step, you’ll always be asked for a series of various questions so on further configure the router.
Step 6: Choose the radial button now, which is simply next to your connection type. Mostly, the cable modem users should choose DHCP, until or unless you’re not awared that your wifi provider needs a static IP address, during which case you ought to select Static.
Step 7: The DSL and ADSL users should accompany the PPPoE option. If you decide on PPPoE, then you’re prompted alongside your username and password. So, now provide the PPPoE username and password given by the online Service Provider and press Next to continue.
Step 8: Here, provides a new name and password to your network for the local wireless networks. Remember, the network name you’re providing should be memorable and thus the password of the network should comprise of a mix of letters, numbers and symbols that are easily recallable for you but it should be difficult for others to guess. Then, Click on subsequent to continue.
Step 9: Lastly, select some time zone from the menu and hit on the “Next” tab to finish the setup procedure.
Step 10: Save the configuration by clicking on “Save or Restart” on the finished D-Link Router Setup screen. Your D-Link routers are going to be rebooted and powered, the WAN and Internet status lights are going to be lit up. Now, connect your computer and devices with the new wireless D-Link wireless router.
D-Link Router Setup
In the current world, everyone using wifi connection wish to possess a tremendous router to avail speedy connectivity. To ameliorate your wifi connections, one can choose the D-Link router. D-Link routers are one of the only and convenient routers that executes various functions of a wireless access point. This wireless router is typically used to provide access to the online or a personal network. It comprises of an incredible setup wizard to drive you via the router configuration. In order to line up a D-Link wifi router, practice the below-mentioned steps. Here, you’ll be told about the set-up and configure d-link wifi router.
Set Up of D-link Wifi Router
1. Connect the Router to Your Modem:-
1. First of all, open up the packed power adapter and connect the adapter to the router and to the wall outlet or the facility strip.
2. Operate the coaxial cable from your modem to the WAN port available on the router. This port is typically colored with a yellow color to separate it from the opposite outgoing Ethernet ports.
3. On the D-Link 524 and D-Link 624 wireless routers, the color of the WAN port is black.
4. If one is employing a D-Link DSL 2640T router, then it’s formed a DSL modem.
5. Instead of connecting your device to a different modem with an coaxial cable, one should connect his phone cable from your telephone jack to the DSL port at the backside of the D-Link 2640T.
6. Now, await a couple of seconds to urge your Power and WAN’s status to illuminate.
2. Connect the pc to the Network
At this step, connect your computer to the network and undergo the next steps:-
A. Wired Connection:- Join the Ethernet cord to the Ethernet port on your computer device and one among that Ethernet ports on the D-Link wifi router. The user can utilize any of the Ethernet ports on the wifi router and therefore the WAN port, which should be then connected to your modem.
B. Wireless Connection:- 1. First, they click on the network icon shown on the displayed System Tray.
2. Now, click on the name of the network linked with the router which can be mentioned on the packaged configuration card with the router.
3. Enter the D-Link router password or network key (the password) penned on the configuration card.
4. Finally, hit on the “connect” tab to satisfy the networks.
3. Run the Setup Wizard :-Here, run the setup wizard of the router and luxuriate within the wifi connection of the D-link wireless wifi router with ease.