How Do I Fix a Blinking Orange Light on D-Link Router? – The orange LED light on a D-link router usually indicates some kind of fault which could either be due to:
- Improper D-link router setup
- No wireless network connectivity
- Outdated Firmware version
- Failed D-link router configuration
- Overload on D-link router
Usually while an orange LED light is on, the D-link router might be still functioning normal. Unless and until, the D-link wireless connectivity is unstable or slow or interrupted, you must avoid troubleshooting the router unnecessarily.
To fix blinking orange LED light on the D-link router: troubleshooting
Re-Establishing wired cable setup
- You must reconnect the computer and the D-link router following these steps:
- Detach the Ethernet cable connected between the D-link router and the modem at the WAN port.
- Attach the Ethernet cable back to the WAN port.
- The orange light problem due to wired connection setup or internet could be resolved on setting up the wired connections and performing d-link router setup via dlinkrouter.local altogether.
Changing the power source
- Keep a check on the power outlet; it might be causing some power issues.
- Avoid using surge protectors to share power outlets with other devices.
- Try to use another power outlet to plug the D-link router and perform d-link router setup using dlinkrouter.local login.
- Check if the blinking orange light error gets fixed.
Re-position the D-link router
- Check if the D-link router is placed in a well ventilated area and away from direct sunlight as overheating of D-link router can impair its functioning.
- Also the improper positioning o f the d-link router might cause interference of signals due to devices nearby.
- Or just Turn off the D-link router for about 30 seconds to cool it down and then restart it.
- Restarting it may fix any technical glitches.
Update D-link router’s outdated firmware
- If your D-link router is using the outdated firmware version, the d-link router would not function with compatibility with other devices and cause blinking orange light.
- You must update the D-link router’s firmware to the latest version via dlinkrouter.local login accessing the configuration GUI.
- If you are trying to process the dlink router firmware update manually; ensure to download the recent version from Dlink support site and then upload it trough dlinkrouter.local login.
- Else, you can update the firmware automatically through web GUI.
Reset the D-link router
As improper D-link router setup or incorrect D-link router configuration of wireless settings might be causing the router’s improper functioning, it is best to reset the D-link router to reset the router back to default settings and then perform D-link router setup once again through dlinkrouter.local.
- Locate the reset button at the D-link router’s back panel.
- Push down to hold the Reset button for approximately 5-10 seconds.
- Release the reset button and Wait patiently till the D-link router reboots.
- This might take a few seconds.
- Resetting would revert the settings to factory default and fix the blinking orange light as it stops.
What to do with Dlink router’s wireless connection problems?
For slow or dropping wifi internet connection on connected devices, the issue could be due to the wireless signalling,; for which i would have to change the wireless channel on the dlink router after dlinkrouter.local login.
What does the status light on front of my D-link router indicate?
The status LED light flashing on the D-link router indicates that the D-link router is functioning well but it does not let you know if the D-link router configuration during d-link router setup has been done.
What if the D-link router internet light is not on?
You must ensure that the connection between the modem and the D-link router has been successfully established at the WAN or internet port using the Ethernet cable at the back of the d-link router for network connectivity.
What if the ADSL light on the D-link router doesn’t show?
This indicates that the modem is unable to establish connection with your Internet Service Provider. For this, you would have to:
Ensure secure connection of ADSL cable into the modem.
Upgrade the D-link router’s firmware to the latest version.
What if I am unable to log into the d-link router?
If you are using dlinkrouter.local web domain address, use the default gateway through IP address 192.168.1.1 from PC’s web browser.
Else, try using a different supporting web browser from your PC.