D-link AC3200 wifi router setup:
Step1: Setting Up Hardware Connections:
- Disconnect the power to your Modem to be used by unplugging the power adapter from the power outlet.
- Attach the modem to the D-link AC3200 wifi router at the WAN port, that is yellow coloured, of the router using an Ethernet cable included with the router.
- Plug the modem back to the power and turn it on.
- Next, connect your D-link AC3200 wifi router to the power outlet through the power adapter and turn it on.
- Wait for 2 minutes until the status power LED on the modem and the router turn on and are stable.
- Allow the D-link AC3200 wifi router to boot up for 1 minute.
- Attach your computer to your D-link AC3200 wifi router using an Ethernet cable at any of the 4 available LAN ports on the router.
- You can also attach the computer or other wireless device such as mobile phone to the computer wirelessly over default wifi settings.
Step2: Accessing dlinkrouter.local:
- Open an Internet browser, used by default on your computer or other device.
- Type dlinkrouter.local default D-link router login web address in browser’s URL bar to log into the D-link AC3200 wifi router.
- Any login errors with dlinkrouter.local, use http://192.168.0.1 default IP Gateway into the URL/address bar.
- D-link AC3200 wifi router login first time during installation directs the Setup Wizard screen.
Step 3: D-link AC3200 wifi router setup and configuration:
- The D-link setup wizard automatically launches itself on dlinkrouter.local login for the first login attempt.
- It guides through quick and easy D-link router setup and configuring of the D-link AC3200 wifi router.
- Installing the D-link AC3200 wifi router
- Configuring the D-link AC3200 wifi router wireless network and wifi settings
- Setting up D-link AC3200 wifi router login password – dlinkrouter.local login password
- setting up mydlink account and service for D-link AC3200 wifi router access
- Click next on the Setup wizard screen to continue setup.
Step 4: D-link AC3200 wifi router setup wizard steps for D-link router configuration
- Setup wizard allows the D-link AC3200 wifi router to detect your ISP Internet connection type.
- When prompted, enter the connection details as username and password to connect o your internet as shared by your ISP.
- If the D-link AC3200 wifi router fails to detect a valid ISP connection, Select your wireless Internet Connection type from the displayed list.
- Enter the ISP connection information and key in the details.
- For election of PPPoE connection type, enter the PPPoE username and password.
- Click on Next.
- For static connection type, enter the IP along with DNS settings from your ISP.
- Click on Next.
- Next, configure your D-link AC3200 wifi router Wifi settings.
- Secure the D-link AC3200 wifi router wifi access by assigning a new wireless network name SSID and password.
- Assign and create a SSID and password key for both the 2.4 and 5GH bands of the D-link AC3200 wifi router.
- Also, securing your D-link AC3200 wifi router with WPA/WPA encryption for enhanced safety.
- Configure the D-link AC3200 wifi router your D-link router login/ admin password for securing login access into the web GUI.
- Click Next.
- A summary window screen would display the configured D-link AC3200 wifi router wireless network settings.
- To make any more configurations, click Back option, else click on Next.
The D-link AC3200 wifi router setup, installation and configuration is completed.
The D-link users are prompted to Setup mydlink account for further dlink router access and configuration through mydlink App.
How can I configure my Dlink wifi router?
The D-link routers could be easily configured through one of the following methods to configure the router to connect to the wireless network:
- D-link router’s setup wizard via dlinkrouter.local login
- QRS Mobile app
- Manual D-link router setup via dlinkrouter.local login.
What to do if my D-link router is not connecting to the internet connection?
- Ensure that the modem is well connected to the WAN port of the D-link router with an Ethernet cable.
- Check the WAN status of your D-link router; it should state Connected, otherwise check if the cable wires are damaged or improperly fixed.
- Power off the Mode being used for about 20 seconds and then power it again and check the network/ WAN status.
How to access the D-link router settings?
The D-link router settings could be accessed from the web Graphical user Interface after logging into the Router through dlinkrouter.local using the default D-link login information such as Admin in the username and leaving the password field blank.
The Web GUI allows you to manage and configure the Router’s various settings including the wireless network settings.
How do I setup my d-link router without having a computer?
- Use the QRS Mobile app on your wireless smartphone device for D-link router setup instead of computer; it guides you through quick and effective D-link router setup and configuration through screen instructions.
- Access dlinkrouter.local login on any wireless or wired device connected to the D-link router to setup the router using the Setup wizard that auto-launches on first time D-link router login.
What to do if the setup wizard is unable to find the D-link router?
- Ensure that the computer connected to the Dlink router through wired or wireless connection and used for dlinkrouter.local setup wizard access is on the same wifi network and subnet.
- Use a preferred wired Ethernet cable connection to run D-link router setup process on any device.
- Check if the wifi connection being used is stable and actively working.
- Turn off or disable any antivirus or the firewall protection installed on your device to allow dlinkrouter.local setup wizard setup process to finish.