How to reset D-link wireless router to factory default settings?
After ensuring the D-link router is powered on, begin the D-link router reset process. D-link router could be reset by hard reset or soft reset process:
To hard reset, the factory reset button located on the router’s panel should be pressed to hold down, but for soft resetting of the D-link router, login to the d-link router’s web GUI is required via dlinkrouter.local with default credentials mentioned on the router’s label.
Resetting of the d-link router sets it back to the factory default and erases all the current d-link configuration settings.
How to fix forgotten D-link wifi network name SSID or wifi network password?
- Firstly, if you have not previously changed the default wifi settings, use the default settings only as mentioned on the router’s label to connect to the wireless network.
- But in case you changed the default wifi settings and you forgot to keep them noted, you would have to reset the d-link wifi router.
How to Troubleshoot Wireless connection issues for a D-Link router?
For signal interfering:
- Try to relocate the D-Link router to a place where it is away from any metal devices causing signal interference..
- It should be placed in the centralized location of the house free from obstructions and direct sunlight.
- Try to keep the link router away from cordless phones or other Bluetooth devices placed actively near the network as they cause interference
If this does not help with the solution, try to reset the router as suggested below:
- Locate the small factory reset button on the back end of the D-link router.
- Take a pointy object and insert it into the reset hole to press the factory reset button on the D-link router.
- Push and hold the reset button in place for about 10 seconds.
- This would make the LED lights start blinking.
- This resets all of the D-Link router’s personalized settings to the default factory conditions.
- Open a Web browser and navigate to the address “192.168.0.1” to open the D-Link’s setup page. Type “admin” in the User Name field and click “OK.” Leave the Password field blank.
- Click the “Setup Wizard” icon. Select the “Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard” option. Click “Next” and type a new password for your router in the text box. Click “Next” again.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to select your time zone and type of high-speed Internet connection. Click “Next” and “OK.” Navigate to the D-Link support Web page.
- Click “See All Products” and select the link for your wireless router’s model. Click “Support Resources” and “Firmware.” Select the “Download Now” link next to the most recent firmware version available.
- Navigate back to the router’s menu by accessing the Web address “192.168.0.1.” Type “admin” for the username and type your new password in the Password field. Click “OK.”
- Click “Tools” and “Firmware.” Click “Browse” and choose the name of the firmware file you downloaded. Click “Open.” Choose “Save Settings” to upgrade the wireless router’s firmware.
How to resolve D-link router facing rebooting, or dropping wifi connections issues?
- Make sure the D-link router has been positioned in a well ventilated area. As placing of the D-link router in closed space can cause it to overheat and interfere with wifi signals connectivity.
- Ensure that the D-link router’s firmware is up to date and the current firmware version file has been updated ensuring its smooth functioning. You must follow proper steps to upgrade the firmware on the router following dlinkrouter.local login as follows:
Open a web browser on the D-link router.
Log into the D-link router using dlinkrouter.local from the browser’s address bar.
Enter the d-link router login default details on the login page.
Enter admin as the d-link router login username.
Also, leave the password field blank as a default D-link router login password.
Select firmware upgrade option on the web GUI.
- If the above steps do not provide any solution, perform a factory resetting of the D-link router as follows:
Press the tiny factory reset button on the back end of the D-link router.
This resets all of the D-Link router’s personalized settings to the default factory conditions.
- If the wireless connection issues still persist, you must contact our technical support team.
What to do if the D-link router’s setup wizard can’t find my device?
- Ensure the latest setup wizard is being used for your device .
- The computer used to access the setup wizard via dlinkrouter.local must be on the same wireless network and subnet as of the d-link router.
- Try to set up a wired connection using an Ethernet cable for initial D-link router setup and configuration.
- Try to turn off the antivirus and firewall protection as these may be causing inability in locating the device through D-link router configuration via the setup wizard again.