How to Setup D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Extreme-N Gigabit Router DIR-655
How to Setup D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Extreme-N Gigabit Router DIR-655 – The DIR-655 includes a fast Router Setup Wizard CD. Follow the straightforward steps below to run the wizard to guide you quickly through the installation process.
Insert the Wizard CD in the CD-ROM drive. Hence if the CD autorun function does not automatically start on your computer, go to Start > Run. As well as in the run box type “D:\WIZARD.exe” (where D: represents the drive letter of your CD-ROM drive). When the autorun screen appears, click Start.
Quick Setup Wizard:-
- If this is your first time installing the router, open your web browser. Hence you will automatically be directed to the Wizard Setup Screen.
- If you have already configured your settings and you would like to access the configuration.
- If you did not run the setup wizard from the CD and this is the first time logging into the router, this wizard will start automatically.
- This wizard is designed to guide you through a step-by-step process to configure your new D-Link router and connect to the Internet.
- Click Next to continue.
- As well please wait while your router detects your internet connection type. If the router detects your Internet connection, you’ll have to enter your ISP information like username and password.
- If the router does not detect a valid Ethernet connection from the Internet port, this screen will appear. Connect your broadband modem to the web port then click Try Again.
- If the router detects an Ethernet connection but doesn’t detect the sort of Internet connection you’ve got , this screen will appear. As well click Guide me through the Internet Connection Settings to display a list of connection types to choose from.
- Select your Internet connection type and click Next to continue.
- If the router detected or you selected PPPoE, enter your PPPoE username and password and click Next to continue.
Note: confirm to get rid of your PPPoE software from your computer. Hence the software is no longer needed and will not work through a router.
- If the router detects or you selected PPTP, enter your PPTP username, password, and other information supplied by your ISP. Click Next to continue.
- If the router detected or you selected L2TP, enter your L2TP username, password, and other information supplied by your ISP. Click Next to continue.
- If the router detected or you selected Static, enter the IP and DNS settings supplied by your ISP. Click Next to continue.
- Create a wireless network name (SSID) using up to 32 characters.
- Create a wireless security passphrase or key (between 8-63 characters). Hence your wireless clients will need to have this passphrase or key entered to be able to connect to your wireless network.
- Click Next to continue. In order to secure your router, please enter a new password. As well as check the Enable Graphical Authentication box to enable CAPTCHA authentication for added security. Click Next to continue.
- Select your time zone from the drop-down menu and click Next to continue. Hence the Setup Complete window will display your wireless settings. Click Save and Connect to continue.
- If you want to create a bookmark to the router, click OK. Click Cancel if you do not want to make a bookmark. If you clicked Yes, a window may appear (depending on what browser you’re using) to make a bookmark. The router will now reboot. Please allow a minute or two. Click the Continue button once it is active.
1.Hence to access the configuration utility, open a web-browser such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1). You can also enter http://dlinkrouter to connect.
2. Select Admin from the menu then enter your password. The password is left blank by default. If you get a Page cannot be displayed error, please refer to the Troubleshooting section for assistance.